I'm going to talk about myself in the 3rd person as if I wasn't the guy who wrote this...
David Gillis has won awards as a guitarist, a songwriter and most recently, as a producer.
David won the 2016 CFMA, “Producer of the Year” Award for the Juno nominated Corin Raymond record, "Hobo Jungle Fever Dreams" – and was nominated for the Ariana Gillis record – “To Make It Make Sense” . David also produced Ariana Gillis' 2012 release, “Forget Me Not” which received great critical acclaim from Bernie Taupin and enormous accolades from the dean of American music critics, Rolling Stone editor, David Marsh as well as Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computers.
David is the recipient of the 2004 Colleen Peterson Song-writing Award and was featured in the American guitar publication known as “Fingerstyle Guitar Magazine”. David has played dozens of North American festivals and several times as a main stage performer at the Chet Atkins Appreciation Society in Nashville.
• Winner of the Gamble Rogers Fingerstyle Guitar Competition
• Placed “Top Five” in the 2007 International Fingerstyle Guitar Competition, Winfield, Kansas.
David is often on the road touring in Canada and the USA solo or as a side-man for Ariana Gillis.
- Co-produced and played session guitar with Grammy Award winner, Buddy Miller – tracked in Nashville – August, 2018.
- In 2017 we finished a project with Grammy Award winning producer, Joel Moss.
- Working on record with Katherine Wheatley
as a Songwriter
"This is folk song-smithery on par with greats like Winchester or Simon, two names I don't throw around lightly. Moving, grace-filled, deft, tender...it has integrity, a trait often lost in many genres these days."
– Derek Downham
Hear song in YouTube.
as a Producer
"As a producer David Gillis' blends organic instrumentation and takes songs to modern edgy places. His originality and daring musical finesse is brilliant! "
– Eliza Gilkyson
as a Guitarist
"Breezy virtuosity as a solo guitarist"
– Robert Doerschuk, ASCAP Award for excellence in music journalism